6 piece Combo to make your silver solder look it’s best with an Antique look, Copper or Black
Here’s what you do with the 6 items!
1. ~ METAL WAX / POLISH – Clarity Finishing Compound
For a Professional Finish on your solder seams!
Helps prevent Oxidation (whitish yuk)
4 OZ. BOTTLE
Contains 100% pure carnauba wax (the hardest wax available)
As well as antioxidants & fine polishing agents.
Insures a bright, even, durable finish on solder seams!
Comes in a shake & squirt bottle.
Cleans tarnish & residue as it shines.
Gives your glass, solder a deep luster.
Protects & adds a professional touch to all glass work.
RESTORES shine to already tarnished finishes!
2. 0000 SUPER FINE STEEL WOOL (2 pack)
Helps eliminate specks left from Soldering Iron
Removes ghost marks left in solder!
Super Fine STEEL WOOL
3. CJ’S Flux & Patina Remover ** 4 oz. Bottle
Thoroughly removes the greasy mess & residues from all types of flux.
Allows copper patina to work properly to give a bright shiny finish. Helps remove the stain on glass from patina.
Prevents the unsightly oxidation crust on lead & solder from improper cleaning.
Makes clean-up quick & easy.
Excellent cleaner for hard surfaces-glass, metal & plastics.
4, 5 & 6 are – 4 oz. Black Patina ~*~ 4 oz. Copper Patina and 2 flux brushes
Black and Copper PATINA changes silver solder to a Black or Copper color!
For best results do the following steps as it’ll really make a difference!
1. After soldering wipe finished solder with a piece of 0000 (super fine) steel wool.
2. Clean with a non ammonium cleaner (that means NO glass or widow cleaners). I recommend using a spray bottle filled with cheap alcohol from your medicine cabinet.
3. Apply patina with a clean Flux Brush.
4. Clean again.
5. Most important you need to finish off with a metal polish or a car wax (or my Finishing compound made for solder) to shine and protect that patina altered solder.
**** INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANTIQUE LOOK ****
Antique your solder with Patinas! Using both Black & Copper Patina combined is a great way to achieve this.
After soldering piece you’d steel wool solder with 0000 super fine wool, clean & apply black patina by brushing it on with acid/flux brush (same brush you flux with, only make sure it’s a clean one).
Next, go over solder again with steel wool (which lightens up that black patina), clean again & apply some copper patina. Working with this back and forth you can create really cool antique looks.