Stained Glass Beginner Kit
Start Up KIT
This stained glass beginner kit includes the “Stained Glass” to get you going NOW!
(PLUS some clear glass to practice cutting and breaking)
ALSO Includes a NEW GLASTAR Diamon Star GRINDER!
(115volts & not suitable for Europe or Australia)
Everything you need to make something NOW!
NEW: NOW INCLUDED WITH YOUR KIT A FREE “MEMORY GLASS PENDANT KIT” Includes everything you need to make several “Memory Glass Pendants & Charms”! ** Instructions ** Glass ** Hanging Rings ** Lead Free Solder (for jewelry making only) & ** Special sizes of foils
YOUR MAIN KIT: Stained Glass Tools
1. Basic Key Cutter (Fletcher) – dip this in oil (any light weight oil) to keep it lubricated as you score the glass. (to “score” is scratching the surface). Score (scratch) the glass with this cutter then use the Ball End to tap the underside of glass where you’ve scored!
2. Breaker – combo breaker / grozier plier – This helps with those curves & small pieces of glass you are trying to break just right. Hold it with the curved Side Down (make it smile at you & you know you have it in the correct position). Nose the breaker up to the score (scratch) line snapping glass downward. Use practice glass until you’ve mastered this technique.
3. Glastar Diamond Star Grinder- To smooth the rough edges & make pieces fit perfectly! This is a high quality Glastar grinder & comes with a 5 year warranty. Includes 3/4″ Diamond Grinder Bit.
The hassle-free performance of the Diamond Star allows students to spend more time learning.
- Powerful 1/18 HP, 3450 RPM motor.
- 14 Inch-ounces breakdown torque.
- Long-lasting 3/4″ plated grinding head.
- Convenient coolant drain.
- Flexible rubber splash guard.
- Exclusive built-in accessory drawer.
- 8 x 9-1/4 inch work surface.
- In the box, along with the grinder, you will find the following items:
- A flexible splash guard, which is to be installed on the top plate behind the grinding head.
- Four adhesive backed rubber feet to be installed on the bottom of the grinder.
- A one inch sponge which provides water to the grinding head, and two spares.
- An Allen key to raise or remove the head.
- An owner’s manual and warranty card.
- A flexible drain stopper.
- An insert for 1″ grinding head.
4. Colorful Mix of Stained Glass- Variety of Stained Glass colors to start you going NOW (PLUS some clear glass to practice your cutting and breaking with)
5. Copper Foil * 7/32″ Wide (most popular) 36 Yard NEW roll Peel backing & stick copper completely around edge of glass. You’ll come around glass & overlap where you started. Tears off easily! Be sure to press the foil into the glass (burnish) so that it stay’s put when you start soldering your sun catch together.
6. Flux (8 oz. bottle) & Acid/Flux Brush Liquid flux is brushed on copper foiled glass, prior to soldering. This is the chemical necessary to make the tin/lead solder stick to the copper. If your solder is not flowing, apply more flux, it really helps!
7. Amerway Solder 60/40 (60% tin 40% lead) & a Great Choice 100 watt Soldering Iron – Heat Iron up & melt away the solder onto the copper. Turning everything that is copper to silver. Using your professional 100 Watt Soldering Iron. Have a large wet rag handy, bunch it up & very carefully wipe the tip of the iron from time to time while it’s HOT. This also helps keep the solder cleaner!
8. 10 GREAT Beginner Patterns & Complete Instructions – This stained glass beginner kit will have You making suncatchers to get you accustomed to doing each step!
stained glass beginner kit